Friday, December 16, 2011

Dollar Bill Rose Tutorial


Hello,

I love playing with money, who won't, right? :)  I made the dollar bill roses years ago but I haven't share it on my blog.  I was thinking of sharing it  last Mother's Day but  I never got a chance.

So here is my chance,  I had an order from Eileen to make three money bouquets for Christmas.  Isn't that interesting!

Here is the tutorial

For each rose, you will need 3 to 5 new dollar bills.  Accordion fold each bill.The folds are about 1/4 inch.  See second photo.


Then tie the bills like shown. I used the wire that can be found in the produce section to tie the bills first.  Then I used the floral wire for the stem.  I used 5 bills so I have fuller roses.

Tip: See I tie the bills not evenly.  DON'T DO THAT! just arrange the bills evenly.

Then carefully open the bills and then shape them into petals.
As you can see in  the picture, I fold the inside petals half way down so all the petals are the same high. I like it that way. Keep play around with the petals until you like the way your rose look.  I used the bamboo stick, the smaller one, to curl the petals.

Here are the finished roses.

I made only 27 roses out of the $375 that Eileen gave me.  Now I need to assemble them into bouquets.  I'll share them with you when I am done.  Any question feel free to email me or leave me a comment here.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Helen

13 comments:

Tan's Hobbies said...

You're roses were so great. I personally love to make roses too. Will try to make it one day. You're creation were really nice =)

Monica said...

OMG! This is stunning... with such ease and grace, you made those roses... How creative!

Monica xxx

chillin with Quillin said...

That is really awesome !!!!
Paula

Shakti said...

какая красивая роза!хорошая идея!

Merry said...

Oh wow Helen....your roses are so beautiful. What a wonderful gift to give to anyone. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Mary said...

WOWZERS!! I wouldn't want to take them apart! Beautiful, rfs!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Helen you have magic hands!

Hussena said...

oh this is amazing your roses are just perfect thank you so much for the tutorial and this fab idea...will have to give it a try!!

Ann said...

your roses are beautiful. That is going to be one impressive bouquet when you are finished

Rae said...

Hi Helen,
Love the roses. It is a great gift idea! Maybe next you can teach us how to make a shirt out of the bills...or did you already teach that one?... :)

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely!!

Lekha justin said...

Gr8 Idea...love it Helen..

Anonymous said...

I love this! I just tried making my own and looks not nearly as beatific as yours. I'd pay you to make me one of the five dollar ones and pay for shipping ect! Please let me know! Sad5619@Calu.edu