Monday, September 27, 2010

Tea Light Birthday Cake

Good Afternoon,
My younger son was invited to a birthday party over the weekend.  I made this tea light birthday cake for him to take it to his friend.  I bought this tea light after I saw Patti Lee's tea light cake and at the same time I also saw it here

I made the box/card to hold the candle.



Aren't those spiral roses lovely? They are very tiny.  I saw them while I was browsing the web.  Sorry I didn't remember the web address.  It is very easy to make the spiral roses.  I used 3/4" circles and cut a thin spiral  and rolled it from the outside. If you need pictures tutorial, let me know.


I am sharing this at Linky Party.


Thanks for visiting.


Helen

11 comments:

Ann said...

I saw these quite some time ago and thought they were terrific. Yours turned out great. Love the box to go with it.

Anonymous said...

OH WOW this is beautiful!!!!

amazing idea!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and an amazing idea!!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Helen
This little tea light cake is gorgeous. Wow those tiny flowers are amazing.
Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday this week.
Michelle :-)

unicorn said...

It`s just great:))I love it:))

eva said...

Nice and tasty

Monica said...

Hi Helen, your creation is out of the world. What a delightful cake. Love the flowers...

I have tried my hand at them some months ago but when I tried again a few days back, I was struggling.

xxx Monica

Whimcees said...

Hi Helen!

This is lovely - a great gift! I love the tiny roses - they are so beautiful!

Wishing you well!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Monica said...

Wow, Helen, congrats... I just saw that you featured in the Monday Linky party. I told you this cake is so sweet and the roses lovely.

xxx Monica

Annette Bowes said...

Yummy creation Helen, love those gorgeous roses. Just a had a look round you have made some amazing creations, love them. Take CareX:)
p.s found you via Michelle to.

Ink Bug said...

Good grief, Helen. These are SO cute!