Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quill week - Day 3

Good morning,
Another rainy day.  It's raining at least once a week.  A good reason to stay in and make more mini albums. (lo). Today I like to share this  poinsettia that I used to decorate the front of the 6 x 6 mini albums. After making the simple quilling flowers I thought I wanted to try something more detail so I tried this flower on another cover of the waterfall album.  I had visited many quilling blogs and this poinsettia was inspired from one of the blog that I had visited.  I forgot which blog.


 Then this one.
 
 And then this one.  For the center I added a gem instead of a tight coil to see how it would look.  I like it a lot with the gem.  I think it would look even better with a bigger gem.  I cut out all my quilling strips.  I am working with 1/4 inch strips since I still haven't got my quilling tools yet.
 
The word "Christmas" is from the "Go Go Boots" alphabet. At first I didn't really like the set but now I love it.  It's the perfect size for scrap booking which I had neglected for many months.  See the "t" in Christmas?  I cut out "f" and snipped off the top and make it into a "t".  The actual "t" I thought it was too small. Hope you've enjoyed today's post.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,                                                                                                                                               
Helen                                                                                                                                                     

2 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Ooh la la Helen. It is beautiful. xo Jackie

Patty O'Malley said...

Very pretty, Helen! I like the gem in the center--it makes the flower sparkle.